Friday 22 February 2008

Agillaz Lurk: Producing Irie beats!








Agillaz has been putting it down for a while. He started getting into music in the middle of the 90`s but 2001-2002 building his own studio to make music and have since then developed his mastering skills in beats.
His music is known for always touching the listeners with feelin, different sounds and special vibe. Born and raised in a small town called Uddevalla (Db),but moved to Gothenburg in September 2003. His parents are from
Sweden & Spain which has become a great inspiration for his development in music. He is very versatile when it comes to composing music. After meeting a lot of artists and producers he has come a long way with his music. Selling beats over the internet to artists across the world,one beat ending up on Divine Allah´s Album Ghetto Rhymin (Embracing Eternity.)

In June 2007 he signed to Asphalt Records a one year deal. Hard work make his production sound special & unique.

AlternativeInformant: How long have you been involved in the music industry?

Agillaz: I’ve been signed to my label for like 9 months now.




AlternativeInformant: What genre would you describe your music as?


Agillaz: I don’t like to put my music in a category, but it sounds like hip hop reggae.


AlternativeInformant: Are there any artists or producers that influence your music?


Agillaz: Tupac Shakur, Bob Marley are more than influences to me. I love J Dilla, Dr.Dre, but I get influences from people like Malcolm X, Martin Luther king and of course Jah!


AlternativeInformant: Are there any artists or producers that you would like to work with in the future?


Agillaz: I would love to work with the Marley Brothers, Dead Prez, Outlawz revolutionary people.


AlternativeInformant: What artists have you worked with so far?


Agillaz: I’ve worked with : Divine Allah, RAW, African Souljah, Keiran Anthony, Napz Meka, Yani**a, Jah Defender, to name a few but I got some big names comin’ this year, so just wait and you will see jah knows.

AlternativeInformant: How did you start creating beats?


Agillaz: I was just playing around & I used to rap back then so I needed beats and to get 'em was to create 'em myself..and one that way it is.

AlternativeInformant: How do you get inspiration for making and producing beats?


Agillaz: It’s Jah work, I love doin’ music so it’s all come natural. Give Thanks.


AlternativeInformant: Do you think producing beats has becoming easier in recent years and if so why?


Agillaz: Hmm, not easier but people can just do a beat in their computer today, but it’s all about what’s from your heart & soul so it takes a lot more than that to come up with some real good music.


AlternativeInformant: The beats you produce are quite complex on average how long does it take for you to make a beat?

Agillaz: It’s different all times, I can get an idea in 10 minutes but the beat ain’t done until it’s mixed arranged etc so a couple of more hours.

AlternativeInformant: What has been your favourite beat to produce?


Agillaz: Hard to say, but I got my favorites "The March The Welcome" "Im Not A Slave" & "Get That Guap."

AlternativeInformant: How did your name come about?

Agillaz: I got it from my real name Adam Gil Lazaro, I wanted a name that’s was just me.


AlternativeInformant: What does the future hold for Agillaz Lurk?

Agillaz: The future is lookin’ good, I’m workin’ on an album where I will produce all songs & I got some great artists so it’s something to look forward to. Jah Guide!

Give Thanks for the interview,

Jah Love!


http://www.myspace.com/agillaz


http://www.bohussound.com





No comments: