Wednesday 10 September 2008

NY is bringing the UK back!






Soulful, skilled, talented and infectious is what you expect to hear when you hear Ny. A mix of Soul, Rn’B, Grime and Reggae Ny is diverse and definitely has the AlternativeInformant hooked! This is an artist to look out for!


AlternativeInformant: How long have you been involved in music?

Ny: I hated school and would book myself into music courses in the Camden area. I began doing talent shows and winning them at age 13 so a long time lol.

AlternativeInformant: What inspired you to get involved with music?

Ny:It was just something inside of me that glows and always has.

AlternativeInformant: Are there any artists that influence you and your music?

Ny: The biggest was Mariah Carey followed by Lauryn Hill, Whitney Houston but my parents played a lot of music at home and so im influenced by the music i grew up to, from Simone and Garfunkel,Blondie, The police, Shangralas,Shirelles to Beres Hammond,Jah cure,Peter tosh, Burning Spear to name a few.

AlternativeInformant: For those of you that haven't heard your music, how would you describe it?

Ny: A fusion of soul,reggae and pop with elements of grime. Im an honest writer and my style has alot to do with my writing.

AlternativeInformant: Where did the name NY come from?

Ny: Ny is short for Nyomi.

AlternativeInformant: Are there any artists that you'd like to work with in the future?

Ny: I'd love to work with Beres Hammond, Ryan Lesley,Dream,Damien Marley,The Fray Thats just a few.

AlternativeInformant: You've performed in front of large crowds before, what's the most enjoyable thing about performing in front of a large crowd?

Ny: Performing is my favourite thing as I can give my energy to my crowd and feed off thier energy. Its the best feeling in the world,the bigger the crowd the more confident I am and to me being able to captivate a live audience is a great skill in any field.

AlternativeInformant: Where are you from and does that influence your music?

Ny: Im a child of the world, from Earth (well just about) so im influenced by music from all over the world.

AlternativeInformant: Does your music have a message if so, what is that message?

Ny: Every song has a message I love to uplift and inspire but also share my experiences both positive and negative.

AlternativeInformant: What differentiates you from other Rn'B artists?

Ny: My work doesnt conform to any one genre. When you hear my voice you know it's Ny.

AlternativeInformant: I've heard that you worked with Ironik on a track called, "Stay with me" how was that?

Ny: Ironik's got a bright future and the live recording was a lot of fun, I am on other tracks on his album too.

AlternativeInformant: Finally what does the future hold for NY?

Ny: I am promoting my new track with Wookie called Falling again. I am about to do a mini US tour with The Count and Sinden. My first album is the thing to look out for!

Check out: http://www.myspace.com/nyofficial



No comments: